Seasonal position available at Sanbornton Public Library
Part Time Program Coordinator “Plus” for Summer 2015
Hours: 8-12 hours/week including Wednesday mornings during the summer; occasional evenings and Saturdays
Wages: $12 per hour. This position does not include benefits.
Position Description: Self-motivated, friendly and detail-oriented person needed to join the Sanbornton Public Library for summer 2015. Plan, prepare, promote and often present programs for children, teen and adults as well as staffing the circulation desk.
– Meet with the Director on program plans for adults, teens and children.
– Attend programs to supervise logistics and ensure a quality experience for all attendees.
– Create and distribute program promotional materials in a variety of formats – flyers, signs, digital/social media, and press releases
– Prepare crafts and design displays
– Help create library e-newsletter, update the library web site and write press releases
– Cover circulation desk as needed, providing excellent and courteous service to patrons
– Shelve materials
– Provide telephone service to patrons following business phone etiquette.
– Assist in general upkeep of the library’s spaces
– Other responsibilities as assigned
– A Bachelor’s degree and experience in library services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
– Outstanding interpersonal skills
– Ability to lift and shelve library materials up to 30 lbs.
– Proficiency in managing multiple projects and working independently
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to lead programs with adults, teens and children
– Strong computer skills with interest in learning new technology
– Event marketing and graphic design experience preferred
Closing Date: Open until position is filled
Please send a resume, and cover letter, and two (2) references to Marcia Haigh, Library Director, Sanbornton Public Library, PO Box 88, Sanbornton NH 03269, or submit by email to SPL3@metrocast.net.